• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help asap re felony charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cherilyons

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC
I was arrested for 3 felony charges....crim consp & furnishing or possession of contraband. I have never been in any kind of trouble in my life and I am almost 40 yrs old. My bond was set high and I asked for a preliminary hearing prior to making bond. I do not have an attorney who would be present for that hearing so I dont see the point in going as he would get the information anyway. Would I be arrested if I did not attend? In some states, its fine but not in others.
I dont even understand the hearing and what bonding over to a grand jury means or general sessions? Does this mean bond gets revoked and I get re-arrested and go back to jail?

Also my case is tied in with someone who is a target in the county my case is in. I feel like their anger towards this other person could affect my case. If I have a public defender, can I ask for a change of venue and if so, do I get to keep the same pd or do I have to get one in the county it gets moved to?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">