• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers Comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OleHillbilly

I'm from Maine and got hurt at work over a year ago and during this time I have been to several doctors, several kinds of therapy, had x-rays and MRI's, and still no relief. My employers health care provider dismissed me "as they didn't know what else to do for me" as they put it after several months of different treatments. I then started seeing an Orthapedic doctor and he sent me for therapy. After several visits, the doctor and therapist decided to remove me from work for an indefinate time as they feel that that the work is only aggravating my recovery at this time. I now have been out of work since March first and still haven't heard anything from my employer. Is there something I should do or someone I should contact ? I'm single and being out of work isn't paying my bills.

G

Georgana Chastang

Hope This Helps

I used to be a W/C Adjuster in FL, but perhaps I can suggest some things. First, were you given a MMI (maximally medically improved)rating by the doctor you saw when you were first injured? You stating that your Health Care provider's taking care of this. If you were injured on the job, you should have filed a claim with worker's compensation for being injured on the job. Did you do this? If you did, when you went to another doctor, did you get approval from the W/C carriers? If not, they don't have to pay the bills. But, you could call them and tell them you want to see another doctor. If you haven't been seen by an approved medical doctor from the insurance carrier for two years, the case is usually closed forever. Don't discuss this with your prior employer anymore. They don't handle this unless they're self insured. If you still get no satisfaction, and you filed a W/C Claim back then...go ahead and call an Attorney. You might also try contacting the State W/C Office in the State Pages of your phone book. They'll give you your rights, then you can decide where to go from there. If you're permanently disabled, and it's been six months, file for disability with social security. You can call any social security office and they'll send you the forms. Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">