• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Had an accident. Who is at fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wiredknLght

In the state of WA.
I was driving on a road that has one lane going each way. I made a left turn onto a road that leads to my ranch.
An oncoming car swerved right and ended up hitting me in the rear,right side of my car. Causing damage that began around the rear wheel and ended at the tail light.
Their car had a damaged front bumper near the passenger headlight.
The oncoming car driver said he was not turning right on the road, but swerved right in response to my turn.
No injuries. No traffic signs for either (yield, stop). Normal weather, 9pm at night.

Who do you think will be found at fault for the accident?

Last edited:

racer72

You made a turn in front of an oncoming car. You will be found at fault and will likely also be cited for failure to yield.

ecmst12

You are 100% at fault. Cars turning left ALWAYS have to yield to cars coming towards them, there doesn't need to be a sign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">