• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dannycolvin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ms
I have a pickup truck and No Insurance. My sis-in-law asked to borrow it and I told her it had no insurance on it. She used the truck to move and was involved in a accident that was determined to be her fault 100%. The insurance company is now suing me and threatening to take my cdl if I dont pay. I am a truck driver and I need my license to work and keep my job. Can I make her pay the damages $3,678) since it was entirely her fault and she knew there was no insurance on the truck? The insurance company and I agreed to pay $152 per month for two years and the first payment was due 10/30/09 or my license would be suspended. I made that payment.

Last edited:

JETX

Can I make her pay the damages $3,678) since it was entirely her fault and she knew there was no insurance on the truck?
Not without you getting a judgment against her. And that will be very hard to do since you have a problem with 'clean hands'. Simply, you were wrong in KNOWINGLY allowing her to drive your uninsured vehicle.

The insurance company and I agreed to pay $152 per month for two years and the first payment was due 10/30/09 or my license would be suspended. I made that payment.
Go ahead and continue making the agreed payments..... and you might as well go ahead and sue her anyway. The worst that could come from it would be your case be dismissed (as noted above).

ecmst12

You are a professional driver and you KNOWINGLY allowed someone to drive your uninsured vehicle? You get no sympathy from me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">