• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice please with anglist and slander maybe?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marcusremd

"Marcus Remodeling is prohibited from doing business with homeowners 60 and older after the attorney general’s office received numerous complaints from senior citizens."

This is not true, We can do work for people up to the age of 65, How ever I refuse to do work for anyone over the age of 65 now unless we have the power of attorney.

"Judith Broz, 63, gave Marcus Remodeling an “F” on Angie’s List — one of three failing reports filed on the company "

The other 2 reports failed where 8 and 15 years ago, the people are now dead, and no remaining family members can be located, So I am paying the money back to the PA General Attorney office. Who also wrote a note stating my company was not found doing anything wrong, how ever I am paying back people.

"for allegedly doing shoddy work and because owner Mark Bechler kept asking for more money"

I made a foolish mistake here, Broz went out of town and her husband asked to surprised here I been working on this job for 4-5 months at this time was 80% finish, he asked to repair a few more items that came to another $8,000 ish. Reason I asked for more money, How ever My work was never shoddy, it takes more time sometimes to do work, during the winter months here in PA, late maybe because of weather permitting, but done right non the less

."Broz says Bechler left her a phone message, allegedly using ethnic slurs and discriminating remarks about her age."

This never happen and is what I am interested in suing for, I have lost a lot of work, because of this article, I have no problem her rating me an F on angieslist that's fine, but when angieslist writes a public article and contact broz, who says this I would assume its slander in some form.

"According to the attorney general, Bechler failed to honor promised discounts, didn’t document work changes, provided confusing estimates, didn’t notify customers about work cancellations, and failed to register his business with the Pennsylvania Department of State."

My company has been registered since the state passed a law that all contractors must be registered with them, so I do not know why the attorney general said this if he even said it out of 5 people they brought charges on I was the only one left with my licenses.

“A consumer settlement was reached in April for $16,628 to be paid to consumers,” says Nils Frederiksen, attorney general deputy press secretary. Bechler declared bankruptcy in November, two days before Broz was scheduled to take Bechler to civil court. “Bechler does good work,” says Bechler’s attorney, Dennis J. G. “I’ve had him work on my roof and gutters.”

This is all true, I was forced into filing bankrupt if I wish to keep what I had left after all this, How ever since then the Attorney Generals office has agreed that I did nothing wrong and that they are going to work with me to repair whats been done, I am not sure why this has changed all the sudden but it has.

My question is.

Can I have the Attorney general send a cease and desist letter to the hosting company of angieslist and hope for them to remove it with out angieslist knowing, or do I have ground for slander charges?

The Attorney generals office seems willing to work with me, and I will be asking them to contact the BBB and have them reinstate me if my company wasnt found doing anything wrong, then the reason I was dropped after 1 complaint doesnt hold any water.

How ever right now I need to get that public article from angieslist gone, do I have any chance of doing that?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why don't you write a letter directly to Angie's List asking them to remove the incorrect information? Or are you looking for a payday?

Marcusremd

I am looking to see if I have any grounds to bring a suit against Broz, It's not about angielist, but about what she said "to" angielist.

This lady has accused me of wrong doing, I was foolish to decide to change my contract with her, on her husbands request as a surprised for her while she was out of state. and I accept that, how ever these people ripped me off as far as I care, and ruined my good name. I was 90% of the way done with a 19 grand job on their home, when she had to leave state, her husband asked if this and that could be fixed so I agree, they seemed like good people, So I finished the remaining of the 1st job, then got 80% done with the add on jobs, when she got home, was fighting with him, because she owed money to the IRS or something I didn't catch the whole thing, then she came yelling at me, about the added price of 8 grand to the bill, I tried to explain it, she kept yelling, so I left, then later had to pay her back, among 2 dead people from many years ago.

I dont care if I am able to sue her for $1 dollar, I just want her have to live what she made me live is all.

But I will write a letter to angielist, how ever that does not mean they will or will not change/remove the article they wrote. I was written about because she was able to pay a fee score me on angielist with an F even though she was the only bad mark against me, people cant see what grade I received by broz on anglilist unless they sign up, how ever since I refused to comment on it, and had them call my lawyer they ran a "public" story.

I am asking if I have a case for slander par se I think thats what it's called, agasint broz for telling angielist I made slurs about her age via the phone.

If you do not have any information on that matter then please dont waste my and your time by posting.

Thanks in advance

All I want to know is if that is slander by broz, since angielist has reported her saying it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">