• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am on workers comp can my company fired me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

regortrac

I was injuerd on my job. I haven't worked since dec 7th 2000.It was two months before I got any [W-C] Checks .I had to hire a Lawyer to get those going Then my work and the insurance carrier took there time making there minds up weather to Ok Dr. appointments I was to see SURGEON on dec 19th 2000 but it was canceled also I had some EMG test to get done but they were also canceled. Now a month later they oked them I went and will have neck surgery on April 10th. However I just recived a Letter from my work telling me that April the 8th I will be terminated due to the FMLA time running out. Can they do this I didn't even know that they turned this into Fmla.I feel that since my work and the insueance company took there sweet time in getting things to happen it is there fault it is taken so long I could of been back to work by the end of Dec if they hadn't canceled the Dr. appointment. Please give me some advice

P.s I do not have the lawywer at this time

I

injured back

you will need a workmans comp attorney to handle your case infront of the labor board in the state you were injured in. if found negligent, your employer will be reimbursing you lost wages, you also should keep track of the mileage to and from your Dr. appts., tolls, because you are entitled to be compensated for them, usually a copy of the bill is sufficient. good luck.

i've seen company doctors in two different states already, i have no clue what that's about?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">