• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'll like to know ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IsabelA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I would like to know how long do i have to get remarried my first marriage was arranged and we filed for divorce already and would be finalized in 4 weeks i also signed a waiver saying to waive the 30 day wait period i am engaged now and my future husband is in the army does anyone know if we can get married right after my divorce papers are finalized or do we have to wait?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I would like to know how long do i have to get remarried my first marriage was arranged and we filed for divorce already and would be finalized in 4 weeks i also signed a waiver saying to waive the 30 day wait period i am engaged now and my future husband is in the army does anyone know if we can get married right after my divorce papers are finalized or do we have to wait?
You cannot get married until your divorce is finalized, obviously - but Illinois does not have a waiting period after that.

All you need do is provide a copy of your decree when you apply for your license and wait 24 hours after the license is issued.

Good luck!

(out of interest, you're not pregnant, are you? :) )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">