• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can i fight a wrongly accused underage consumption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doug_John

i live in Ohio and one night we were hanging out at a parking lot and acouple of kids from indiana were there drinking and someone called the cops on them and i was hanging out with them but had not been drinking at all and they only tested two of us the indiana kid blew and got it right away and i was waiting..threw my chew outa my mouth and blew and got a little solid green light and they said i had been drinking a small amount and charged me with underage consumption and i told them up and down that i had not been drinking but ofcourse lol whos going to believe a 20 year old lol he had said i showed no signs expect my eyes were glossy..i wear contacts and told him i have had them in since 5 this morning and this was close to 11 that night! and he said he would put in his report that i showed no signs of anything exept that and he said nothing bout smelling it on me or anything. i told him i just got here bout 15 mins ago..i went to subway got something to eat rinsed my mouth put a dip in and drank a gatoraid and while i was waiting since i couldnt go to my truck to get a drink i drank someones coke that was on the car...how can i fight this??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

since i couldnt go to my truck to get a drink i drank someones coke that was on the car.
so, was there any booze in that coke of somebody elses that you drank? Since those with you were drinking booze, I would think it likely it was mixed in with their coke.

Doug_John

i couldnt tell yah it was in a mcdonalds cup which seemed it would be alright considering they were all drinking beer but i dont know..i was told my chew could have set it off..but i dont know

FlyingRon

The red/green/yellow lights are targetted at the .08 level. You could blow green up to .05 and that's plenty to be MIC

JETX

how can i fight this??
Very simple. Start by contacting a local (Ohio) attorney who specializes in DUI/DWI defenses. He/she can review the FULL facts of the case (not just your OPINION) and determine if you have any defense or not.
There is no way that anyone on this forum can give you valid advice solely on your version of the story.

Doug_John

so i pretty much think im going to lose this case the only time i can see the public defender is 15 mins before my trial..not to happy about that

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">