• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice bad!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

infor seeker

What is the name of your state (PA)

My soon to be ex-wife and I agreed to file a No Fault divorce back in May after 2 years of separation. According to PA law, after 90 days we could complete the divorce. Well during the process, she hired a lawyer and everything changed...She was granted $900.00 or so a month for child support and another $600.00 for spousal support....

The money isn't a big deal, I was already paying her $1200 a month for the prior 2 years...I did not even fight with her about the Money...

The 90 days have come and gone... we should have been divorced back in August, but she has stalled and avoided me. Her lawyer has not even heard from her...I have tried to communicate with her, but she either hangs up or ignores my emails if I make mention of the divorce.

She is attempting to collect spousal support for as long as she can and she does not want to lose the health care benefits I am sure...I have contacted lawyers and for the most part they all know what she is doing and seem to think that there is not much I can really do about it...

What can I do to get out of this marriage?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (PA)

My soon to be ex-wife and I agreed to file a No Fault divorce back in May after 2 years of separation. According to PA law, after 90 days we could complete the divorce. Well during the process, she hired a lawyer and everything changed...She was granted $900.00 or so a month for child support and another $600.00 for spousal support....

The money isn't a big deal, I was already paying her $1200 a month for the prior 2 years...I did not even fight with her about the Money...

The 90 days have come and gone... we should have been divorced back in August, but she has stalled and avoided me. Her lawyer has not even heard from her...I have tried to communicate with her, but she either hangs up or ignores my emails if I make mention of the divorce.

She is attempting to collect spousal support for as long as she can and she does not want to lose the health care benefits I am sure...I have contacted lawyers and for the most part they all know what she is doing and seem to think that there is not much I can really do about it...

What can I do to get out of this marriage?
For how long were you ordered to pay?

infor seeker

I was ordered to pay until the divorce was final...at that point we would discuss alimony...

Thanks for taking time to reply!!!

infor seeker

It was not in front of a judge, but it was the conference held by an office of the court. My wife, her lawyer, the officer and myself...

It was more of a meeting to try to agree on the numbers...

I do not have my paper work handy, but I will look at it this evening once I am home....

mistoffolees

It was not in front of a judge, but it was the conference held by an office of the court. My wife, her lawyer, the officer and myself...

It was more of a meeting to try to agree on the numbers...

I do not have my paper work handy, but I will look at it this evening once I am home....
Look at the paperwork to see what it says, but it sounds like you have to go to court to get the divorce finalized.

infor seeker

I looked at the paperwork....

She was awarded APL Plus... which is suppose to end once the divorce is final.

If she is stalling, how can I get a divorce without her signature?

Thanks again everyone!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">