• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MBFLY0825

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I just received a Final Judgement letter because I defaulted on a stipulation agreement with my credit card co. Enclosed is a Fact information sheet that I have 45 days to fill out and return to their lawyer. My question is what is going to happen once I do that? I am a single mother barely making ends meet. I cannot afford to have my wages garnished! Please let me know what to expect.
Thanks,

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I just received a Final Judgement letter because I defaulted on a stipulation agreement with my credit card co. Enclosed is a Fact information sheet that I have 45 days to fill out and return to their lawyer. My question is what is going to happen once I do that? I am a single mother barely making ends meet. I cannot afford to have my wages garnished! Please let me know what to expect.
Thanks,
You may very well end up garnished. Unless of course you file bankruptcy or something of that nature.

JETX

My question is what is going to happen once I do that?
More importantly is what will happen if you DON'T complete and return the form within the time shown.
You will be ORDERED to appear in court and explain your failure to comply with the request. Then, if you still refuse to answer, you could be arrested (for contempt) and held until you comply with the order.
Do you REALLY want to 'play games' with this??

MBFLY0825

More importantly is what will happen if you DON'T complete and return the form within the time shown.
You will be ORDERED to appear in court and explain your failure to comply with the request. Then, if you still refuse to answer, you could be arrested (for contempt) and held until you comply with the order.
Do you REALLY want to 'play games' with this??
My question was regarding what would happen after I returned the required paperwork, so obviously I intend to follow the law and respond! I am taking the matter quite seriously, and I don't appreciate you assuming that I would play games with it. Please stick to answering the question I asked, as opposed to making your own assumptions!

JETX

My question was regarding what would happen after I returned the required paperwork, so obviously I intend to follow the law and respond! I am taking the matter quite seriously, and I don't appreciate you assuming that I would play games with it. Please stick to answering the question I asked, as opposed to making your own assumptions!
Of course, no one can guess what WOULD happen if you do something. There are LOTS of things that COULD happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">