• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer refuses to pay after quitting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salary7

California

I abruptly quit a job and employer refuses to pay with the excuse of me leaving with an unfinished job.

I quit because of verbal abuse. Employer is notorious for this to everyone.

His accountant and I have been emailing back and forth and has expressed that my check will be mailed payday. The same accountant also promised via phone.

It's been over 3 weeks now and I still haven't got a check. Said employer also has a reputation of either not paying his employees on time or paying them partially.

Needing advise on the next steps I have to do. I know I can file for claims but for any expense that I may incur, including attorney fees (if i need one), transportation and hours or days I may have to be off work just to go to court, etc., can I claim for this too? And...I'm kinda pissed, if you know what I mean....can he pay for that too?

Also, on the day I quit, that was the first day I became full-time. I was a part-timer initially due to another job. I wonder if this matters???

Appreciate any kind advise. Thank you...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">