• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Complicated Case...please help me :,(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WorriedinNY00

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

well, I was talking to this guy from IL for a few months, we met on the internet...anyways after a few months of talking we decided to meet up..I went to see him in IL.. anyways, long story short, we ended up being physcial and stuff..and I came back, hoping to talk to him again..BUT never heard from him...I called him many times and yet NO REPLY whatsoever from him..

I really got upset from this whole situation and decided to make a profile about him to warn other girls on DontDateHimGirl.com regarding what type of person he is... he uses girls and stuff...

Basically, ON his profile I wrote some false information (ie such as he has an STD) and some real information regarding what type of person he is..... after doing that, i sent that link out to a couple of his friend and family members...then I finally get a call from him saying how sorry he was and i should take the profile off... which I did and decided to move on..

anyways, we stoped talking... then after 6-7 months I found out from a friend of mine who knows him that he had filed a police complaint in IL against me for posting "fake" information about him on that site and 1 other site... :eek::eek: i was never contacted by the police regarding spreading rumors about him on the internet

now I am really worried :(:(:(:(:(:(:( I dont know what to do :( please help..Am I worrying for no reason ???????

jsmith416

Don't talk to this guy any more. It could be actionable depending on the circumstances. If you are contacted by the police, absolutely do not answer any of their questions and consult with an attorney. It could potentially become serious, or it could be nothing.

Until then I don't think there is anything you can do.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I wouldn't worry much about it at this point.

I can't see this being much of a police issue, although it would depend on local laws.

If you haven't been contacted about it by now I doubt it's going anywhere. Just stay away from this moron and, as you said, "move on".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">