• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Violence Protective Orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nunyah1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My fiance just took the deal for the domestic violence case due to an incident that we had. Now there is a protective order and i tried to modify it but they denied it. Now i have been told that even if i get it modified that he still will not be allowed to move back into our home, is this true?

What do i have to do in order to get the no contact order removed and make it to where we can move back in and work on this together without breaking the law to do so?

CdwJava

If the two of you coordinate, then he will be breaking the order by communicating with you.

You might not be able to get it DROPPED, but you might be able to go to court and get it modified to a "peaceful contact" order. We call it a "play nice" order. Though, he'd be a fool to get back with you under those conditions, because he would go to jail the first time you got angry with him.

Keep in mind that if you have any children together, that CPS might seize the kids should you allow your abuser back in the home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">