• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought New Construction Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marnick09

I recently purchased new construction in Monmouth County New Jersey and closed mid year (first week of June). Initially I received a tax bill from the township for just the land value for January 1st until June 30th. This was before our house was assessed by the township. I paid the full tax bill for 6 months (Jan thru June) at the advice of my attorney thinking that the builder would reimburse me for the months that the house was still under construction and his property. Attempts made by my attorney to his attorney haven’t gone anywhere. Does anyone know if I can sue the builder in small claims court for this issue? The amount of money is under the $5000 threshold. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">