• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need to move out!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spencer09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Filed for divorce from husband of 4 years. We have only one shared asset our home. Of course, the market has hit us hard, however, we are not in an upside mortgage. As of yet, he has refused to list the house. Although he says that he will sit down and review the realtor information and sign the realtor agreement shortly.

I need to move out for a number of reasons. It is impossible to live with him. I have asked him to leave, but he refuses. He is not currently working, but does have some money coming in, and money in the bank.

If I move out I am assuming that I will have to pay for part of the mortgage.
Would you say half?? I will have to rent an apt as I have no family that I (and MY daughter) can stay with. The money will be tight, but it will be worth it to get away.

I don't want him to stall any further, any advice?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Filed for divorce from husband of 4 years. We have only one shared asset our home. Of course, the market has hit us hard, however, we are not in an upside mortgage. As of yet, he has refused to list the house. Although he says that he will sit down and review the realtor information and sign the realtor agreement shortly.

I need to move out for a number of reasons. It is impossible to live with him. I have asked him to leave, but he refuses. He is not currently working, but does have some money coming in, and money in the bank.

If I move out I am assuming that I will have to pay for part of the mortgage.
Would you say half?? I will have to rent an apt as I have no family that I (and MY daughter) can stay with. The money will be tight, but it will be worth it to get away.

I don't want him to stall any further, any advice?
YOu don't necessarily have to pay any of the mortgage. He can't state that you owe him half of the mortgage for instance. However if you are a cosigner on the mortgage the mortgage company will EXPECT all of the mortgage to be paid and they wont' care who pays it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">