• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driver's record history

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

corbon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MS

How often do insurance companies run a driver's record history?

corbon

I'm thinking of switching auto insurance b/c my current one is $500 more per year than another one I got quoted. Would it make sense to switch to a new one before they found out about my neg driving I incurred recently? Or should I stick w/ the current one, hoping they won't look at my driver's record history, since I've been w/ them for so long with a clean record?

ecmst12

The new insurance company WILL find out when they run your dmv report, which they will do when they write the policy. Which may well negate your savings. Your current company will also find out eventually - they have the right to surcharge you for the full 3 years, even if they don't add the surcharge for another 6 months or a year. Depending on the offense, it might be a big difference or a small difference. But there are no secrets that you can keep from your insurance company.

Country Living

And probably a cancellation if he fails to share that information with the new insurance company since the effective date of the policy would be after violation date. No insurance company likes those kinds of surprises.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">