• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need your help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xjrod81x

New York, hey i have been takin to court for a DNA test for paternity of a child. i been there 3 times now. the results came back that i am not the father. i am just curious if i was able to take the woman to court to pay me back the dna cost and the 3 days i took off from work. she knew from the begining that i wasnt the father she just took me to hold up social service. im not a bad guy im just curious if i could get that money back... if not no big deal.
Thank you .

FrankyG

You most certainly can, if the test was proven to be that you were not the father and she continued to press on it then you have the right to sue her for that money for the DNA tests. The only way she can do that without having to pay you is if there were mistakes on the DNA test in that case I would sue the DNA center for making you pay 3 times but remember that you have to go through the trouble of filing a claim, going to court and paying the fine for filing the claim and if you win then she pays the fine and pays you but its your decision.

Proserpina

You most certainly can, if the test was proven to be that you were not the father and she continued to press on it then you have the right to sue her for that money for the DNA tests. The only way she can do that without having to pay you is if there were mistakes on the DNA test in that case I would sue the DNA center for making you pay 3 times but remember that you have to go through the trouble of filing a claim, going to court and paying the fine for filing the claim and if you win then she pays the fine and pays you but its your decision.
Nope. Not happening.

OP, why didn't you ask the court initially that she bear the cost of the test? When you asked why you were being asked to take another test, what were you told? Did you ask during the second and third times?

latigo

There is something glaringly missing in your post. Like:

“I’ve never had sexual contact with the woman!”

Because before the court would have ordered the genetic testing there would first need to be some showing of the probability that you were the biological father. They just don’t randomly order people off the streets to submit to those tests.

Probability of which was undoubtedly supplied by her pleading and testimony that you and she did engage in sexual intercourse about the time crucial to the issue.

That probability would shoot holes in your lawsuit. Even if such a cause of action would be recognized.

xjrod81x

i didnt take 3 dna test. they sceduled me a court date on a date that they dont do dna testing on.why? i have no idea. anyways its prolly not worth takin her to court cuz then id wind up missin more days of work so i should just leave it alone. my last court date is tomorrow to varify that im not the leagal father after that its done with so i should just leave it alone then. thanks for your help i appreciate it!

BL

Well if she were to have applied for Soc. Service ,that agency ask for any known possible fathers. They may even tell the women if they have any thoughts who might be and do not reveal it ,they will NOT get any benefits .

So now the question ( because you mention Soc . Services) , is who brought the DNA petition ?

State ( Soc. Services ) on behalf of ( the mother ) ?

See where I'm going ?

But you;re right ,get it over and done with ,and put it behind you .

Then be careful with who you date , and use protection. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">