• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrasment through legal system

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anahabesh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan
my ex is constantly pulling me into court with false allegations ranging from the abuse of our children to i am trying to kill her to i am a drug addict. nothing has been founded to be true but she still comes up with new things to drag me to court for. is there any law that can protect me from her using the court system to harrass me? the case is in indiana

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? michigan
my ex is constantly pulling me into court with false allegations ranging from the abuse of our children to i am trying to kill her to i am a drug addict. nothing has been founded to be true but she still comes up with new things to drag me to court for. is there any law that can protect me from her using the court system to harrass me? the case is in indiana
the answer is still NO!

Proserpina

thank you, i appreciate your answer, hoping someone knows a loop hole.:)
Are you kidding me? Seriously?

You insist that your ex is guilty of XYZ. You are told that she is not guilty of XYZ at all (if only because XYZ does not EXIST in this country).

You then surf on over to Wiki, find an entry relating to "XYZ", and try to use the entry to prove your point - and all the while ignoring the fact that both the definition you used and the statute itself are relevant only to Indian law. Then you try to argue blindly and become obnoxious with the people who are actually trying to offer assistance.

Yet you still have the gumption to try it again in a different section of the forum?!

India's laws do not apply to the United States of America. Not on this board, not on the Family Law board, not on the MedMal board, not...well, not at all. Period.

Isis1

Are you kidding me? Seriously?

You insist that your ex is guilty of XYZ. You are told that she is not guilty of XYZ at all (if only because XYZ does not EXIST in this country).

You then surf on over to Wiki, find an entry relating to "XYZ", and try to use the entry to prove your point - and all the while ignoring the fact that both the definition you used and the statute itself are relevant only to Indian law. Then you try to argue blindly and become obnoxious with the people who are actually trying to offer assistance.

Yet you still have the gumption to try it again in a different section of the forum?!

India's laws do not apply to the United States of America. Not on this board, not on the Family Law board, not on the MedMal board, not...well, not at all. Period.

hmmm..are you saying Indian Law is NOT like US Law?? really? he can't use a statute from timbuktu for this matter?

anahabesh

hmmm

i guess free speach doesn't apply here and you can't say how you feel by using a term that fits. :mad: Thanks for the discouragement. Do you always belittle people that are in need of help and are desperate enough to hope that someone may actually know more than you? People can hope for a miracle can't they?

TinkerBelleLuvr

Have your X be sanctioned with YOUR attorney fees and associated costs when the suit is frivolous.

Trust me - I've been to court enough time with a litigious X - HE's been court ordered to pay my attorney fees. It's slowed him down some.

anahabesh

unfortunately

Unfortunately we are living paycheck to paycheck and can't afford a lawyer so that isn't an option... The court hearing is Thursday (to revoke my visitation due to alleged abuse) yet she called today and asked if I was going to pick up the kids on Friday. Funny, most people who really think thier child is being abused wouldn't be so eager to send them off to the abuser. I told her to ask the judge Thursday and stop calling me.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Think sanctions ... what is it costing you to take a day off work? Make up time because of her shenanigans ... counseling ordered that MOM has to pay ...

Proserpina

i guess free speach doesn't apply here and you can't say how you feel by using a term that fits. :mad: Thanks for the discouragement. Do you always belittle people that are in need of help and are desperate enough to hope that someone may actually know more than you? People can hope for a miracle can't they?
You were not hoping for a miracle - you were trying to find a loophole in US law which would allow you to obtain what it is you want.

Some of your previous posts have been deleted - but to clarify for other readers, OP cited INDIAN law to justify why he is in the right, and his ex is in the wrong. When it was pointed out that Indian law is not applicable in the US, he became obnoxious and used insults towards the posters who had responded.

anahabesh

thanks

i always change court times to after work and i am going to suggest the children get couseling by someone who specializes in child abuse. I was just hoping i could get her for harrassment via court somehow. My fiance is comming with me this time because she is so angry that my ex is saying that she and her son who is 13 are also abusing the kids. My ex lied in her statement saying that cps is at our house weekly because he is a troubled child. It's really getting to be an agrivation. I was thinking about asking for a third party to drop off the kids so I don't have to deal with thier mother and her saying "all you have to do is come back home to make it stop, you know as long as i have the kids i have the power"

TinkerBelleLuvr

I understand the madness and frustration of it all. But, the only thing that will matter is to ask for sanctions and maybe, just maybe, the judge will see what is going on. Trust me - my X is still trying me. And I have six more years to go. Wait - she had a birthday - five more years to go.

anahabesh

lol

yeah we have 14 more years, it's getting to the point where we are going to have to move about 2,500 miles away so that she will leave us alone. My relationship with the kids might suffer for a while but at least she won't be anywhere near us. Eventually after my fiance and I finish school and have better finances we will be able to obtain a really good lawyer and the kids will be old enough to tell the truth about what is really going on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">