• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken neck from battery!Please help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katerinka1987

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? The state is MA.
My boyfriend got into a fight,as a result his neck was broken and there is a scar on his head.There were 2 guys who were fighting against him.My boyfriend was wearing a c-collar for 4 months.Can you give me please the approximate amount of money for such an injury that we can get in court?we are so desperate and confused in this situation that we just have to know the number,as the case is really serious.
And one more question,please:if the contract with the lawyer says that his part is %33 of the gross amount collected in court,it means we have to pay all medical bills from our %67 or we pay bills first and then the lawyer gets his part?Thank YOU!!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

FlyingRon

And mind you, if your insurance company paid any part of the medical bills they want their money as well. If your settlement is not sufficiently large, you can end up owing more money.

JETX

Can you give me please the approximate amount of money for such an injury that we can get in court?
First, there is no 'we'. Any award would go to him.
As for 'how much', no one can guess. It would depend on the facts of how he was injured, what EXACT injuries he incurred, how much medical costs, how long the injury, prognosis, 'suffering', etc. Another factor is the cost of his 'down-time'. If he was a neurosurgeon making $1 million a year, his long-term losses would be greater than if he tossed french fries at McDonalds.
It could be anywhere from zero, to 200 quadzillion... or more!!

we just have to know the number
See above.

if the contract with the lawyer says that his part is %33 of the gross amount collected in court,it means we have to pay all medical bills from our %66 or we pay bills first and then the lawyer gets his part?
As already noted, the contingent attorney collects NO money up front or during the process and only recovers if a winning finding. The attorney fees are recovered as a percentage of the award. It is a flat percentage based on the attorney-client agreement. Any actual costs incurred (filing fees, copies, depositions, etc.), insurance pre-pays, etc. are then covered in the remaining award (to plaintiff).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">