• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

job description

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mishu

train my boss?

georgia
when employed over a year ago, i never recieved a job description. i was told it was being rewritten because the job had changed. i forgot and never inquired further. now i am being ordered to perform a job that i do not feel i should have to do (train my new boss). i know i'm in a "at will" state but do i have to do this?

D

D. D. Lessenberry

Re: train my boss?

mishu said:
georgia
when employed over a year ago, i never recieved a job description. i was told it was being rewritten because the job had changed. i forgot and never inquired further. now i am being ordered to perform a job that i do not feel i should have to do (train my new boss). i know i'm in a "at will" state but do i have to do this?
Probably yes. My late uncle had to train the boss' nephew, nephew was promoted over my uncle, and uncle was forced to perform a type of drafting he hadn't done in over 10 years. Purpose? Forced him into retirement.

Keep your chin up, and start looking for a better job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">