• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jen2626

I live in NY,

I was in a two year relationship that ended as soon as i became pregnant. The father left when i was 10 weeks along. I soon discovered that I now have 2 STDS thanks to him, I co-signed a student loan for him and allowed him to purchase something on my credit card. My daughter is now 3 months and he has not even met her. I filed for child support but I wanted to know if I can sue him for the loan since he is making late payments and ruining my credit as well as suing him for the STDS. Please if you have nay information on what I can do i ask for your help.

Antigone*

I live in NY,

I was in a two year relationship that ended as soon as i became pregnant. The father left when i was 10 weeks along. I soon discovered that I now have 2 STDS thanks to him, I co-signed a student loan for him and allowed him to purchase something on my credit card. My daughter is now 3 months and he has not even met her. I filed for child support but I wanted to know if I can sue him for the loan since he is making late payments and ruining my credit as well as suing him for the STDS. Please if you have nay information on what I can do i ask for your help.
No you cannot sue him for the loan. There is an inherent risk when cosigning on a loan of the person taking the loan defaulting. You should never have put your credit on the line as you did.

You cannot prove he gave you the STDs so that one is a No also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">