• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dept. motor vehicles question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

albertc80

Hi, I am in California and I have a question regarding title transfer.

I think i made a mistake and wanted to get some clarification.

I bought a car of someone, the price was $2800, and we were filling copies out and also a bill of sale all at 2800, anyway, when we got to the pinkslip, (he let me fill it in) I but a dollar sign, and then entered what I thought was 2800. Anyway, I went to AAA auto club to get it done there.. and after she asked for 80 dollars, it clicked that somehow I made a mistake and instead of putting in $2800 I put it $800!!! So needless to say, I don't want to get in trouble. Neither the owners rep or myself caught it because it was dark and we did it outside. Should I go to DMV and explain the problem (I just did it with aaa a few hours ago). or should I just let it go... I just dont want to get in trouble for 160 worth of tax.

anyway, advice is appreciated.

thanks,

Al

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">