• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

coming in my house without search warrent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shunda22

i live in the state of illinois. the police comes to my house with us marshal looking for a person that doesnt live here.I asked if they had a search warrent and to them they didnt live her nor was at my house. i did give the permission to search for that person. they didnt find such a person but started lookin in draws and under mattress the claim to found some unlegal things is this a rightful search

calatty

The police are required to limit their search to the scope of your consent. If you consented to a search for a person, then they went beyond the scope of your consent when they searched drawers and other locations where they could not expect to find a person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">