• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Had wreck. Other person had another wreck and wants me to pay!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Illone2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas

I was an accident with another individual while driving my boss's car. Thank goodness there was no damage to her car.

The damage to the others person car was a very light scratch on the bumper, and we agreed that I would pay cash for the damage after he got an estimate for the damage.An officer arrived and wrote on the police repiort the damage was around $250.00

After a week passed, I heard back from the person saying the estimate was for $800.00.I was astounded to hear such an amount.

Later I saw his car at Wal-Mart and it has a huge dent on the other side of it.

After calling his insurance company, they said she was in another accident that occured after the bumper fender with me.

I have estimates that she provided me with but are reflective of both accidents. What would be the best way to make sure I dont end up paying for her other accident.

Last edited:

ecmst12

Go to the shop where she had the estimate done and tell them to write an estimate for only the damage that you caused.

Don't expect the police report estimate to be anything resembling accurate though. Police officers know NOTHING about body work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">