• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gate built on easement on my property,

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debbiekeenan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TENNESSEE,
PERSON BUILT A GATE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EASEMENT,
IS ON OUR PROPERTY,
WHO OWNS THE GATE?
I AM IN TNWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FarmerJ

Use of all capped letters is considered yelling in net format. Did you mean You own land that has a easement across it that serves someone else and they put up a gate on your land to serve them ?

drewguy

If the gate is on your property, it is yours. If you know who built it and want them to remove it, you can ask them to do so, give them a reasonable time to do so, then remove it yourself and sue them for the cost of removal/disposal.

If it is over an easement--I assume a shared driveway of some sort--you probably ought to discuss it with your neighbors who share the driveway because perhaps everyone agreed to install it before you arrived in order to keep trespassers out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">