• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce proceedings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Prilly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? i live in nebraska. if my ex has conceived a child by another man before our divorce is final, do i have to pay for that child by law?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? i live in nebraska. if my ex has conceived a child by another man before our divorce is final, do i have to pay for that child by law?
If you are still married then LEGALLY until you disestablish paternity YOU are the daddy. Congrats. With being legally the daddy YOU are the one who has rights and obligations. If the divorce is NOT final, file to disestablish paternity as part of the divorce proceedings.

mistoffolees

If you are still married then LEGALLY until you disestablish paternity YOU are the daddy. Congrats. With being legally the daddy YOU are the one who has rights and obligations. If the divorce is NOT final, file to disestablish paternity as part of the divorce proceedings.
And don't be surprised if the child slows things down. You may not be able to finalize the divorce until after the child is born.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">