• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RBS_22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Ok, I have very little hope for things concerning the law anymore and at this very moment my son,girl friend and unborn child are at risk if i cant figuar out a way to get out of the trouble she more less got me in to!

I have charges aginst me and may very well have warrents for my arrest.
I have very little money and with what I do have isnt much. I have been in contact with a lawyer and have attempted to try and get him money to handel my case. I have one or two counts of DV (DOMECTIC VIOLENCE) aginst me at this moment.

Should i turn myself in with out legal councile, and face whats against me? I am the sole provider for my child and girlfreind;can not afford to spend one nite in jail. We are already in jeprady of losing our home due to the money I am having to put aside to try and deal with this mess! I guess what I'm asking is for someone to just give me the simple truth. :confused:

Last edited:

JETX

Should i turn myself in with out legal councile, and face whats against me?
There is no 'what should I do' to this. Your ONLY option is to 'man up' and accept responsibility for your own actions and conduct. Simply, you broke the law (your post makes no defense claim) and now need to decide if you are a mature adult member of society... or not.

I am the sole provider for my child and girlfreind;can not afford to spend one nite in jail.
Should have thought of that BEFORE you broke the law.

We are already in jeprady of losing our home due to the money I am having to put aside to try and deal with this mess!
Consequence of YOUR conduct.

I guess what I'm asking is for someone to just give me the simple truth.
See above.

RBS_22

No not to my or her current knowledge. She is now admitting to me that she may have exaggerated her story.

Isis1

No not to my or her current knowledge. She is now admitting to me that she may have exaggerated her story.
OP, i strongly recommend you find out for sure.

first off, since you have a warrant out for your arrest, you will need to turn yourself in. did you run from the scene? was your pregnant girlfriend hospitalized?

RBS_22

no

No, thats just it I did nothing physical to her. She lied to the cops. I only left because that s the only way I NEW HOW TO STOP THE ARGUING!

Isis1

No, thats just it I did nothing physical to her. She lied to the cops. I only left because that s the only way I NEW HOW TO STOP THE ARGUING!
please don't shout at me. i WANT to help you. as i am sure others do.

you will need to find out if there is a hearing. most likely a restraining order has been issued. you may not have been served yet.

RBS_22

The thing is I have not turned myself in yet. I have been avoiding doing so and till I can make sure that my son and her are taken care of as well as affording council on this matter. My problem is that i am currently on probation for a similar matter that was dropped to a disorderly. I am facing 90 days from that alone. And she has no means to take care of things if go away on a PB violation let alone the matter at hand. This is all just a mess!

Isis1

The thing is I have not turned myself in yet. I have been avoiding doing so and till I can make sure that my son and her are taken care of as well as affording council on this matter. My problem is that i am currently on probation for a similar matter that was dropped to a disorderly. I am facing 90 days from that alone. And she has no means to take care of things if go away on a PB violation let alone the matter at hand. This is all just a mess!
WHOA!

that information in the VERY beginning makes a difference. you better start borrowing and begging. you really need that attorney.

RBS_22

Yea, I know I have been consulting with a guy and he's willing to work for me. The problem I have is that forking out money for a lawyer and still ending up in jail and with know way to help my son or her just dont seem like a viable option. Another thing is that I got to get something going by tommrrow. You see I have to go see my PB late Thursday evening. She go to tell the judge that she lied, but that just going to get her in to trouble. At this point what do you see my chances are on getting out on bail? And what exactly is this attorney going to be able to do for me/

Isis1

Yea, I know I have been consulting with a guy and he's willing to work for me. The problem I have is that forking out money for a lawyer and still ending up in jail and with know way to help my son or her just dont seem like a viable option. Another thing is that I got to get something going by tommrrow. You see I have to go see my PB late Thursday evening. She go to tell the judge that she lied, but that just going to get her in to trouble. At this point what do you see my chances are on getting out on bail? And what exactly is this attorney going to be able to do for me/
only the attorney can really tell you that.

JETX

The police don't submit affidavit for charges without evidence.... and in a DV case, it takes far more than just her 'claims' of your conduct. You can bet they have her statement at the scene.... and very likely pictures of the injuries that you caused.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">