• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can she do this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cynditommy163

Georgia

My Mother In-Law had 3 dogs that she wanted to get rid of, she sent out emails asking for help in finding them homes ( I still have all the emails ). My husband and his friend gave them to his friend's dad, a week later she wanted the dogs back. The man asked for the money back that he had spent on them and this started a chain reaction that is so ridiculous. My Mother In-Law is now saying she is going to take warrants out for my husband and his friend for theft of the dogs. Can she do that?

Mass_Shyster

Georgia

My Mother In-Law had 3 dogs that she wanted to get rid of, she sent out emails asking for help in finding them homes ( I still have all the emails ). My husband and his friend gave them to his friend's dad, a week later she wanted the dogs back. The man asked for the money back that he had spent on them and this started a chain reaction that is so ridiculous. My Mother In-Law is now saying she is going to take warrants out for my husband and his friend for theft of the dogs. Can she do that?
The only gifts that are revocable are gifts that are made causa mortis, that is a gift that is made by a person in anticipation of his/her imminent death. If that person does not die, they can revoke the gift.

If she actually files the complaints, she can be charged with filing false police reports, and sued for misuse of process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">