• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena - now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marji_2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I just received a subpoena on nov 27 to appear in court on dec 1 -
thought i should have gotten more time.

But the question is - just got this subpoena - 7 months ago i made a complain on a neighbor - riding a dirt bike on the city streets with no helmet no insurance and the bike wasnt registered - doing wheelies and going 20 mph above the speed limit.....dont know why i have to go or what to expect.
i have written out a few complaints and never had to go to court - so dont know what to do or what to expect - all i know is i have to go - any help here??

FlyingRon

If you were the only witness, that's the only way the case is likely to go ahead. If you're going to run around tattling on people, you better be prepare to have to testify.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Speak to the prosecutor about what to expect. They should prep you prior to you testifying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">