• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

passenger involved in accident..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keyshawn19

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

My friend and i were on twin lakes blvd about 6 blocks away from my house..he bent down to get his lighter..and than he hit a truck parked on the side of the road...i hit the windshield..the hat brim actually took most of the impact.the impact was all on my side...but i suffered a concussion..and minor cuts and bruises on my legs and arms..at the hospital i was diagnosed with a concussion..and minor cervical damage..and for a week now..ive been getting nonstop headaches..especially when i 1st open my eyes up in the morning..its a terrible feeling..and im very shaken up...is there anything i can do? or are my hands tied? thank you

im wondering if i can get some sorta compensation..i can provide pics of the accidents if needed.. i just want to know what my options are... thank you kind people..i appreciate it..

ecmst12

You need to go to the doctor and obtain treatment for your injuries. Unfortunately, there's not much to be done for a concussion other then wait for it to heal, but the neck injury can be treated.

If YOU have auto insurance, or any member of your household has it, that is what will pay for your medical bills. If not, the driver's PIP will pay.

After your treatment is complete and you are feeling better, you will know if you will have any permanent damage entitling you to compensation for pain and suffering (not likely, but you never know).

keyshawn19

the night the accident happened..i went to the hospital..i was told since im not a driver..that my hosp bills would be passed on from my dad...to my friend who was driving.. i was diagnosed with a concussion..and minor cervical damage..my heads still hurts badly..i wake up every morning with a severe headache..like a hangover kinda headache starts..its a weird feeling..idk what to do...

im waitin for his insurance co to call..its been a week...what can i do..i just want compensation for my injuries the headaches..the pain..and for the day of work i missed..my hosp bills..thats it..is that much to ask?

ecmst12

NJ is a no-fault state - YOUR insurance pays your medical bills. Do you have insurance? Anyone in your household?

If you are still in pain, you need to continue treatment. Go back to the doctor.

ecmst12

Tickets have nothing to do with anything. There is no question about whose fault the accident was, and as a passenger, you are completely innocent. But NJ is still a no-fault state with a high threshold before pain and suffering can be claimed. You need to have suffered serious and PERMANENT damage. I know you had a head injury so I am trying to be patient.

Go to the doctor TOMORROW. Send all medical bills to YOUR auto insurance company and give that information to your doctor too. Follow the treatment that the doctor prescribes and hopefully you will feel better in a few weeks or months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">