• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm being sued in Small Claims HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jamie Burnett

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am being sued for non payment of an unsecured loan - I am 4 months behind due to job loss, have no assets and 3 children to care for. Can't even afford to
take off work and gas $ to go to court - 2 hours away. What do I do? File an answer to the claim? I don't deny owing, just can't pay at this time. If judgment is made against me, what happens then? Obviously I can't afford an attorney.
What should I do and what can I expect to happen? I am in a panic.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am being sued for non payment of an unsecured loan - I am 4 months behind due to job loss, have no assets and 3 children to care for. Can't even afford to
take off work and gas $ to go to court - 2 hours away. What do I do? File an answer to the claim? I don't deny owing, just can't pay at this time. If judgment is made against me, what happens then? Obviously I can't afford an attorney.
What should I do and what can I expect to happen? I am in a panic.
Don't panic... you are in the great debtor-friendly state of Texas

They will get a judgement, but the cannot garnish your wages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">