• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Date of separation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gr86ss

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm filling out divorce forms. What is the date of separation? I left the house in July, but the soon to be Ex wants me to put down March. I've been giving her monies for spousal and child support since I left, is she fishing for back pay on child support? Does the date matter?

What is the date that we are not suppose to be buying or selling major purchases? Date of filing for date of being served the summons?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm filling out divorce forms. What is the date of separation? I left the house in July, but the soon to be Ex wants me to put down March. I've been giving her monies for spousal and child support since I left, is she fishing for back pay on child support? Does the date matter?
You put down the actual date. NEVER let an stbx convince you to commit perjury.

What is the date that we are not suppose to be buying or selling major purchases? Date of filing for date of being served the summons?
I'm assuming that you're talking about the default orders regarding dissipation of marital property. If not, you'll have to explain exactly what you mean. Typically, it would be the date of filing for the person who files and date of being served for the other person (since the other person can't be expected to follow a rule before being notified of that rule). However, there are lots of circumstances where you can buy or sell major items without any problem - so you'd need to know the specifics to know if any particular sale/purchase is a problem or not.

gr86ss

You put down the actual date. NEVER let an stbx convince you to commit perjury.
So that date would be when I actually moved out, correct? She's stating that its when we decided to split up, I'm telling her that the date is when I actually moved out and was living in another residence.

mistoffolees

So that date would be when I actually moved out, correct? She's stating that its when we decided to split up, I'm telling her that the date is when I actually moved out and was living in another residence.
Yes, it is when you moved out.

There are a few situations where you can agree to be separated while continuing to live in the same house, but that would be a very unusual situation - and simply deciding that you're going to split up wouldn't be sufficient.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">