• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband recieving lawsuit money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overitforsure

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey
i live in nj he lives in georgia been married since 1989 in nj he left in 1993 because he was a drug addicted my jobs ins paid for him to go to treament in ga and i never took him back however we have 2 kids 1 son in collge and a daughter in high school been seperated but not legally for 15 1/2 yrs he pays 38.00 in child support wkly and owes over $4,000 in late payments he is recieving law suit money shortly and called me so he can file divorce papers before he recieves it are me or my children eligible for any of that money

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new jersey
i live in nj he lives in georgia been married since 1989 in nj he left in 1993 because he was a drug addicted my jobs ins paid for him to go to treament in ga and i never took him back however we have 2 kids 1 son in collge and a daughter in high school been seperated but not legally for 15 1/2 yrs he pays 38.00 in child support wkly and owes over $4,000 in late payments he is recieving law suit money shortly and called me so he can file divorce papers before he recieves it are me or my children eligible for any of that money
Is he court-ordered to pay child support?

xylene

You need to follow up with child support enforcement concerning the unpaid balances, EVEN if he were not coming into unexpected money.

Since he is coming into money, there is no reason for this to go unresolved.

He intends to begin divorce. Therefore YOU need to get a lawyer as well to represent you and your children's interest.

There is little else you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">