• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automobile insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

saved14gd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
I had a question regarding car insurance. My daughters father purchased a car in South Carolina for her use. She is a student at an university in Virginia. She happens to be on my insurance here in Virginia. Does she have to be covered by her fathers insurance also?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

If she drives your car, you CAN have her on your insurance but it's not strictly necessary since she doesn't live with you (unless her non-school residence is ALSO with you, in which case she DOES need to be on your insurance). The car in SC needs its own policy which has her listed as the primary driver, and if she is keeping the car at school, the insurance company will need to know the school address too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">