• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Distribution Statement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Smora2281

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Received my distribution statement from my attorney for my personal injury settlement. I initialed it and signed it. Emailed it back to my attorney. I was told the same day that I could pickup my settlement check based on the figures on the distibution statement the next afternoon. (I have an email confirming that)

The following day my attorney called me back and said there was a problem and the original distribution statement she sent me that I signed was wrong. It included med pay from my insurance company that I was already paid out it should not have been on distribution statement. That money was not in the trust account. Therefore she was going to redo a new distibution statement and send it over to me. (I have not seen it yet)

My question is can I hold the attorney to the initial distribution statement that I signed or do I have to resign the new distribution statement with the lower settlement figure?

ecmst12

They are allowed to make a mistake and correct that mistake. You are not entitled to profit from someone else's mistake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">