• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I responsible to pay my wife who has been out of my life for four years, medical?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bali Hai

With that little of information, the best answer you can get is maybe.
If it was the husband wanting paid medical under the same circumstances, I think your answer whether you expressed it or not would be, "HELL NO"!!

Antigone*

If it was the husband wanting paid medical under the same circumstances, I think your answer whether you expressed it or not would be, "HELL NO"!!
Bali, you might want to rethink that statement.

My answer, maybe...not LdiJ;). You seem to forget that Ldi is one of the most tempered members of the forum

Bali Hai

Bali, you might want to rethink that statement.

My answer, maybe...not LdiJ;). You seem to forget that Ldi is one of the most tempered members of the forum
I'm aware of the mild mannered LdiJ, who always politely gives responses that reflect the greater human kindness as she takes the wife under her wing, and politely tells the husband to go pound sand!!

Makes me puke!!

mistoffolees

Ignoring all the other comments here, please provide some specifics so that you can get an answer to your question. Among the issues:

Are you still married?
Has either of you filed for divorce?
Are you LEGALLY separated or just separated?
Is your wife working and does she have medical insurance?
Do YOU have medical insurance?
Was your wife listed on your policy before you separated?
Is your wife still listed on your policy?
Have there been any court hearings or decisions on the matter?
And anything else relevant.

In the end, if you're still married, any debt she accrues (whether for medical or other living expenses) may well be marital debt and subject to division, although there are a zillion exceptions which is why you need to provide more information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">