• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident Law Suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodenm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

My husband was involved in a car accident that was ruled his fault. We have full coverage automobile insurance. The other driver is suing my husband as an underinsured driver. They are also suing stating that he was negligent. My husband has a serious head injury and doesn't remember the accident. The police report stated that he was delivering newspapers during the time of the accident. He did deliver papers but at the time of the accident his route would have been completed. Not to mention the police did not even speak with my husband but they have it written in the police report that they did. He was already at the hospital with my son when the police arrived. Our insurance policy should have covered her medical bills but she is suing us for that as well. Her husband is also suing for loss of consortium, services, and companionship. I don't understand what all that means. I'm not sure what we need to do.

ecmst12

Report the lawsuit to his insurance and follow their instructions. Hopefully you have more then minimum coverage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">