• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trend toward lower jury awards?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yaz2000

I'm working on a research project that centers on this: Is there a trend toward lower jury awards and if so, how will it impact the auto insurance industry?

I'm hoping someone on this forum is connected to such litigation. The questions follow this note. I'd be grateful for any insights you can provide. And if you know of another attorney, consumer, expert or insurance professional, please let me know.

Thanks so much.

Chris

The questions:

o Is litigation regarding auto insurance settlements increasing, decreasing or remaining the same? Year-to-year ? Why?

o What trends are you experiencing regarding jury awards for auto accidents? Up? Down? Remaining the same? Why?

o How is the recession impacting the number of cases that go to litigation and the jury awards?

o How is the current situation impacting the insurance companies?

Yaz2000

Quite helpful.

We don't do homework.
You'd think that after nearly 20,000 posts a senior member of this forum would have more tact.

It's not homework. I'm a freelance reporter for a research firm. And I'm seeking qualified opinions. Seems to fit a site called FreeAdvice.

cyjeff

You'd think that after nearly 20,000 posts a senior member of this forum would have more tact.

It's not homework. I'm a freelance reporter for a research firm. And I'm seeking qualified opinions. Seems to fit a site called FreeAdvice.
At least homework isn't intended to be done for profit.

You are a reporter for a research firm... but wants US to do your research?

My qualified opinion you really don't want.

Do you want us to provide bullets for a power point presentation or just tell us how many words your article is supposed to be....

Why yes, that was sarcasm.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">