• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

view easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

polo1010

I am buying a house in southern California near the beach. I am hoping to add on a second story and even have a deck on top of that story that will have an ocean view. I would not be taking away any ocean views, but the addition would block some of the views of my neighbor's windows. These views are not great to begin with (mainly they can just see buildings past my building). Do I need to worry about view easements? If so, how do I find out if there are any that would affect my addition?

Thanks for the help.

FarmerJ

Search your own properties title to learn if there is any restrictions written into it in order to protect a nieghbors view , then learn from your city/county if there are height restrictions for new or soon to be remodeled homes that limit what you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">