• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd party insurance wont make me whole again, need to file small claim, }HELP{

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

piercesmom

I was rear ended and the 3rd party insurance only wants to pay for my bumper to be replaced when my preliminary estimate was $2100. They only want to pay $800. Also need rental car while car is being fixed. The only way to make me whole again is to file a small claim against the company that hit me. When I fill out the claim, what do I put for the amount I'm suing for when my car is not fixed yet. I also dont have any cash to spend on my car to be repaired. Do I put the maximum I can get? Any suggestions?

ecmst12

If their initial estimate was $800, then that is what you give to the body shop. If they need to add or change anything after work begins and they start the tear down, they contact the insurance company to request additional payment. If it's needed, the insurance company will issue another check. They should also cover your rental car, have you requested this? Have you made an appointment to drop off your car? Have you given the insurance company's estimate to the shop of your choice?

Also, if you WERE to sue in small claims court, you would sue the person that hit you, NOT the insurance company. The insurance company did not cause the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">