• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was hurt on the job , then fired a few months later while on Workers Comp.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

showbiztonite

massillon ohio. I was injured on the job at a local lawncare co, my boss refused to belive this could occure while on the job. i tore my acl, & mcl, which i had surgury on to be repaired. i had to wait 6 months to have this surgury because my employer kept appealing my bwc claim . he did this 7 times, only to lose each time at the industrial commition hearings. he was real mad that i had a claim with bwc, he even said i was faking my injuries so i could have some thme off. after 6 months of being on workers comp. he sent me a letter saying i was let go because he needed someone to do my rout, but he never hired anyone to replace me. he lied... also i was told i was not welcome back to my old job when i got well.there is much more to this ... can i sue him for fireing me while injured? thank you p.t. ohio

I

injured back

i dont believe you can sue your employer since they provided workmans comp. however your are entitled to lost wages and wrong full termination due to your injury, i suggest that you obtain a workmans comp attorney to help through this.

S

showbiztonite

thank you

Thank you for your respons, I have an appt. with a Lawyer today. phil~ohio

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">