• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bmomma99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN I am 45 days into my 90 day waiting period for my divorce, my soon to be ex has checked into rehab, Iv been told that if I change our parenting plan now for full custody I will have to start my 90 days over. Is this true? I cant stand to be married to this man anymore but I want to protect my childern:(

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN I am 45 days into my 90 day waiting period for my divorce, my soon to be ex has checked into rehab, Iv been told that if I change our parenting plan now for full custody I will have to start my 90 days over. Is this true? I cant stand to be married to this man anymore but I want to protect my childern:(
How long is your ex going to be in rehab?

bmomma99

He was suppose to do 14 days thats what was left on the insurance for the year but he checked out early only stayed 7 days

mistoffolees

Who told you that a change in the parenting plan would reset the clock?

I don't have any idea how the process works in your state, but I would suggest that you ask an attorney.

As for 'protect my children', there are two issues. First, if they're his children, as well, you need to stop with the 'my' children stuff immediately. You can't just ignore the fact that he's their father and if you try, you'll get slammed in court. Children do best with regular contact with BOTH parents.

Now, if the children are truly in danger, that should be your priority-it is far more important than whether you get your divorce today or a few weeks later. If there's danger, contact Child Protective Services. Then, ask the court for custody and/or a protection order - whichever is appropriate given the circumstances. If it is truly an issue of danger, you can get a protection order without changing the parenting plan. Unfortunately, there's no enough detail in your post to offer any specific suggestions in this area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">