• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

20+yr old arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cathy d s

20+ yrs. ago my husband was arrested for hauling a dog off out of our yard after it'd been in our trash many times. The owners were told who hauled it off and they called the sher. (Walker Co. Texas) who arrested him for mis. theft. He located the dog, returned it and charges were dropped. He was never prosecuted. But now 20 something yrs. later, it is showing up on his criminal history when he applies for work. Of course, the prospective employer has no way of knowing what the arrest was for but it spells the end to that chance of employment. HELP, we are being haunted by the ghost of an Irish Setter. Can't we get this off his otherwise perfect record? If so, how. Where to start.
Thank you.

L

lawrat

You get an expungement. Fairly simple to do. Hire a criminal defense attorney to get you through this process.

http://www.attorneypages.com or your state bar association.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">