• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

May have to quit/unemployment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LuluMae

When I accepted my current position, they were in the process of drafting a job description for it. Now almost a year later the job description has been drafted and it different from what I was told I was going to be doing when they offered me the job. I am not happy with how management has handled my situation and on top of that receive bad treatment (screaming, critizism, etc) from my one of my immediate managers and other employees. It is an unbearable situation which literally makes me sick to my stomach. Although I'm currently looking for another job,I may have to quit first to keep my sanity and then look for another job. Will I be covered by unemployment if I quit in a situation like that. I live in Florida. Please explain any possible scenarios to be able to qualify for unemployment. Thanks.

D

D. D. Lessenberry

If you quit, you are ineligible for unemployment.

Better to seek proof of harassment/intimidation, creating a hostile work environment. Call the legal aid society or a law school near you for possible free advice.

A

Always searching

Just a thought to keep your sanity....just keep looking for another job and know that when you find one, call them and tell them you won't be coming in. Always find a job before you quit one. Getting unemployment after quitting is difficult and almost impossible unless you prove hostile environment and that might take some proving. Look at things from a different perspective-be proactive and don't look for the dream job-just get out of there and find a way to make a living and keep looking. You don't want to quit and expect unemployment and then wait 6 weeks for a hearing which then might be postponed (that happens a lot) and then not be able to find a job because the last place of employment (your job now) said something derogatory about you. Keep your chin up, they don't own your soul and they can't eat you, so seek something you might like. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">