• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pushed by lawyer to lie in written deposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beautyqueen83

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon Divorce but currently living in California.

I went through an uncontested divorce in oregon in 08/2007. I lived in California during the time, my lawyer in Oregon told me to state I lived in oregon so i didnt have to wait to file in California. She also recommended that I waive my 90 day waiting period. My ex and I have 2 small children together and have been back together for almost 6 months...Can he challenge the validity of my deposition and appeal our divorce?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon Divorce but currently living in California.

I went through an uncontested divorce in oregon in 08/2007. I lived in California during the time, my lawyer in Oregon told me to state I lived in oregon so i didnt have to wait to file in California. She also recommended that I waive my 90 day waiting period. My ex and I have 2 small children together and have been back together for almost 6 months...Can he challenge the validity of my deposition and appeal our divorce?
No, too much time has passed. Its been over two years.

mistoffolees

No, too much time has passed. Its been over two years.
You might, however, consider reporting the attorney to the state Bar. It won't do you any good, but might protect some other clients.

In the future, NEVER, EVER lie to the court. NEVER.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">