• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verison DSL Non-Installation Complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xllented

The facts are:

Verison DSL
Los Angeles County, California

On 12/8/000, I had questions regarding charges on my phone bill. After billing issues were resolved, the customer representative asked if I would be interested in acquiring DSL for Internet use. I said yes, the rep then looked up my phone number to see if it was within the service area; the rep said it was available. At that point in time, I was transferred to a DSL representative.

The DSL rep said service would be $39.95 per month, which included Internet service and one e-mail address. I officially signed up. The DSL rep said it would take 3 weeks (12/29/00) to be up and running.

On 12/19/00, the actual DSL modem arrived at my house. To make DSL work on my system, I would have to buy an "network" card ($17) and install it in my computer. I also had to install the modem and all of the phone filters in the house in order for the DSL modem to work. Total time: 4 hours.

12/29/00 came and went. I called DSL for status on 1/2/00, total wait time: 1 hour. They indicated that new machinery (servers?) had to be installed because of the overwhelming demand. New ECD: 1/24/01

1/24/01 came and went. I called DSL for status on 1/30/01. Total wait time: 1 hour. DSL rep indicated that service was scheduled to be up on 2/16/01.

2/16/01 came and went. I called DSL for status on 2/16/01. Total wait time: 50 minutes. Rep indicated that service should be up and should be operational. Modem still was not responsive. I used the DSL troubleshooting guide supplied with my modem to try to resolve the problem with no success. Called the DSL Enhanced Products Assistance Center, Service rep ran some test on my phone line and indicated that a technician had to be sent out to address phone line issues. Total time spent: 3 hours.

2/24/01, DSL technician arrived and tested lines inside and outside the house. The DSL technician indicated that the phone "signal" was reading at 8db's and a minimum reading of 13db was required for DSL service. The DSL technician said he would have to "clear up lines" at the junction box for DSL service to begin - a "job ticket" would have to be created. He indicated that he would get back to me "early next week". Total time: 2 hours.

In the meantime, DSL service charges started to accumulate on my phone bill. DSL billing was called to take off charges for DSL service and Verizon Internet was called to take off Internet charges. These two entities are separate and do not "talk" to each other. Total wait time to resolve incorrect charges: 2 hours.

Called DSL service support - Melissa - to find out status of job ticket on 3/1/01. She stated that the DSL technician had not followed up on the job ticket. She would call me back on status. Called on 3/7/01, Melissa had said no new status. Called on 3/14/01 and told Melissa to elevate to matter to her supervisors.

New DSL charges appeared on my phone bill for March 2001. Again, DSL billing had to be called to take off charges for DSL service and Verizon Internet had to be called to take off Internet charges. Total wait time to resolve incorrect charges: 1.5 hours.

I called Melissa at DSL service support to find out status on 3/21/01. She called back on 3/23/01 indicating that the phone lines that needed to be cleared out WOULD NOT be worked on. No DSL service would be provided to me.

I feel VERISION has:

 Mis-represented themselves on their offer of DSL service
 Provided false and misleading claims
 Wasted my time, effort, and incurred costs to me. Total hours: At least 20 hours.

Thanks for reading such a long message. I wish to be reimbursed for my time, effort, and costs in small claims court. Do you think my chances are good?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">