• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divource/custody wife is illegal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chisan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? i live in florida. hello all i have been married to my wife for 5 years, about 3 years ago she took off with my kids to GA because she thought the grass is greener, i know because she wrote it in a letter which also says how she took them and didnt tell me. i didnt know she had done that until my brother called me i got the letter a month later. i wanted to divorce her but i didnt because she is here illegally and working here using forged documents. i have a step daughter and my biological daughter, both are with her i didnt get a divorce because i didnt want to seperate my girls and destroy their world for a second time, (first being when she took them from me) but.....i am tired of not having either one them around because if i divorce her then i will want my biological daughter to come live with me and that means pulling out all the stops including telling them thats she is here illegally and about the fake govt papers that her dad got her. her mother has already been deported to canada and her sisters had to leave and move back their also. her marriage to me is whats keeping her here, but i want my girl, who i miss and love with all my soul she is 7 now. i just want a divorce and to have my baby girl home with me. what can i do and how, please......i am a dad, i want to be a dad, i want to be a dad.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? i live in florida. hello all i have been married to my wife for 5 years, about 3 years ago she took off with my kids to GA because she thought the grass is greener, i know because she wrote it in a letter which also says how she took them and didnt tell me. i didnt know she had done that until my brother called me i got the letter a month later. i wanted to divorce her but i didnt because she is here illegally and working here using forged documents.
i have a step daughter and my biological daughter, both are with her i didnt get a divorce because i didnt want to seperate my girls and destroy their world for a second time, (first being when she took them from me) but.....i am tired of not having either one them around because if i divorce her then i will want my biological daughter to come live with me and that means pulling out all the stops including telling them thats she is here illegally and about the fake govt papers that her dad got her. her mother has already been deported to canada and her sisters had to leave and move back their also. her marriage to me is whats keeping her here, but i want my girl, who i miss and love with all my soul she is 7 now. i just want a divorce and to have my baby girl home with me. what can i do and how, please......i am a dad, i want to be a dad, i want to be a dad.
Hon, you need to speak with an attorney - now. Your situation is far too complex for an internet message board - I'm so sorry.

Proserpina

You may be able to obtain help here:

http://www.floridalegal.org/

http://www.floridalawhelp.org/FL/index.cfm/index.cfm

http://tinyurl.com/more-FL-resources

mistoffolees

Hon, you need to speak with an attorney - now. Your situation is far too complex for an internet message board - I'm so sorry.
You're more patient than I am. I couldn't get past the fact that it was over a month after she took the kids that he found out about it (and only because his brother told him). And that he waited 3 years to do anything. But, yes, he needs to see an attorney ASAP.

Proserpina

You're more patient than I am. I couldn't get past the fact that it was over a month after she took the kids that he found out about it (and only because his brother told him). And that he waited 3 years to do anything. But, yes, he needs to see an attorney ASAP.
Following the example of the great Worzel Gummidge, I have on my Patient Head tonight. :eek:

Other than that... ditto. Double Ditto, really.

chisan

i waited because she said she would come back, that she wanted to just get herself right, i was a dummy, and waited, i waited a whole year, after that i moved on and found someone new, but when she found that out thats when she wanted to show up and bring my girls for a visit. i am and have been very depressed because i missed first days of school, and field trips all the little things i looked forward to doing..... but i thought waiting to try and help my marriage would be best for my kids. iwanted to divource her, but theni was told that if i wanted my daughter i would have to go after her alien status and fake ss card in order to win. and i thought my girls had gone through enough, so i let it be......i was dum...but i thought by not turning my kids worlds upside down is what was best for them now......i love my girls...and i had loved my wife....i was dum what can i say....

chisan

i found out the next day where she went because her sister is married to my best friend so he called and asked "what is she doing here because he wasnt even told that she was coming by his wife, her sister" i got a letter from her a month later**************buti found out where she went the next day.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
i waited because she said she would come back, that she wanted to just get herself right, i was a dummy, and waited, i waited a whole year, after that i moved on and found someone new, but when she found that out thats when she wanted to show up and bring my girls for a visit. i am and have been very depressed because i missed first days of school, and field trips all the little things i looked forward to doing..... but i thought waiting to try and help my marriage would be best for my kids. iwanted to divource her, but theni was told that if i wanted my daughter i would have to go after her alien status and fake ss card in order to win. and i thought my girls had gone through enough, so i let it be......i was dum...but i thought by not turning my kids worlds upside down is what was best for them now......i love my girls...and i had loved my wife....i was dum what can i say....
You were fine with her being illegal when you married her, had a child with her and lived with her. And you didn't want to turn your child's (you only have ONE CHILD -- your stepdaughter you have NO CLAIM to see or be involved with) upside down but now after three years of HER bieng primary caregiver and the children being WITH HER, you want to destroy her so that you can win? What do you think that your actions will do to your CHILD who you claim to love? You don't have "kids" by the way> Wrap your mind around that. You have ONE child. Your stepdaughter will remain with her mother. YOu have no legal rights to see her.

Why was it okay that she was illegal when you were sleeping with her by the way?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
i found out the next day where she went because her sister is married to my best friend so he called and asked "what is she doing here because he wasnt even told that she was coming by his wife, her sister" i got a letter from her a month later**************buti found out where she went the next day.
And yet you did NOTHING. Now you want to destroy the children's lives out of revenge? Seriously? How is that in your child's best interest?

chisan

And yet you did NOTHING. Now you want to destroy the children's lives out of revenge? Seriously? How is that in your child's best interest?
whoa what are you talking about first of all i didnt do anything because we..well i thought we were trying to work on our marriage and she is not primary caregiver because i bought and paid for most of their things..not her. please dont come at me like you know all the details of what is happening here, keep your personal comments to your self. i filled out the paperwork to make her legal 6 months after we got married, she didnt fill them out, it is not till AFTER SHE left she wanted to try and get it, and I got a lawyer to help us even after that but she didnt do it. and i never said i wanted to destroy her, noone who wants to destroy somebody by waiting a year to try and make things work or to make thing easier for someone AFTER they are gone. oh btw what DO YOU think her actions did to the kids when she left without telling them or me that we wouldnt SEE EACH OTHER? and one more thing Ohiogal i married her BEFORE I SLEPT WITH HER so keep your opinion off my post, please

chisan

as far as my step daughter I'M AM THE ONLY DAD SHE KNOWS, since she was 3 no she 13 OHIOGAL go and tell her i am not her dad and see what SHE tells you, you see i didnt come here for this crap. i came here for options. but this is not the place.

chisan

Parents should remember three things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex (or soon to be ex)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
whoa what are you talking about first of all i didnt do anything because we..well i thought we were trying to work on our marriage
So her status didn't matter as long as you thought she would be with you. But now that she doesn't want you you are out for revenge.

and she is not primary caregiver because i bought and paid for most of their things..not her.
Who is your daughter's doctors? Her teachers? How many parent teacher conferences have you attended in the last three years? how many doctor's appointments? What is the name of your child's best friend? What did she do last Tuesday? When is the last time you helped your child get ready for school? When is the last time you gave her a bath or tucked her in at night? Who performs those functions on a normal basis? Paying for things matters very very little.

please dont come at me like you know all the details of what is happening here, keep your personal comments to your self.
They are legal ideas. You don't understand that though.

i filled out the paperwork to make her legal 6 months after we got married, she didnt fill them out, it is not till AFTER SHE left she wanted to try and get it, and I got a lawyer to help us even after that but she didnt do it.
And? That doesn't change the issue that she was here and you didn't care about her status.

and i never said i wanted to destroy her, noone who wants to destroy somebody by waiting a year to try and make things work or to make thing easier for someone AFTER they are gone.
A year? And yet you said:
hello all i have been married to my wife for 5 years, about 3 years ago she took off with my kids
You only have one child by the way.

oh btw what DO YOU think her actions did to the kids when she left without telling them or me that we wouldnt SEE EACH OTHER?
You have NO RIGHT to see your stepdaughter. NONE.

and one more thing Ohiogal i married her BEFORE I SLEPT WITH HER so keep your opinion off my post, please
But she was illegal. Her status did NOT bother you while you were sleeping with her. That is the point.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
as far as my step daughter I'M AM THE ONLY DAD SHE KNOWS, since she was 3 no she 13 OHIOGAL go and tell her i am not her dad and see what SHE tells you, you see i didnt come here for this crap. i came here for options. but this is not the place.
LEGAL FACT: She is your stepdaughter.
LEGAL FACT: You have no inherent rights to your stepdaughter.
LEGAL FACT: You are a legal stranger to your stepdaughter.
LEGAL FACT: You did NOT adopt your stepdaughter though you had that opportunity.

You knew her since she was 3 and she is now 13. FACT: That is 10 years.
You stated:
hello all i have been married to my wife for 5 years, about 3 years ago she took off with my kids
You have been married five years. Your wife only was with you TWO YEARS before leaving.

The fact that you may have lied to this child about who her father is doesn't matter.

YOU are not your stepdaughter's father. A two year step parent relationship does NOT mean anything. But you are going to do what you want to do.

Your wife's legal status is NOT going to guarantee you custody. Your actions are actually going to hurt in the long run. Your wife can receive custody. If she is then deported, the stepdaughter is going with her -- that is pretty much definite. What about your little girl then?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">