• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue spouses employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miwifecheated

If my spouse had an affair with her boss and the relationship was known to top managment but not handled per their employment policies, can I sue the employer for allowing it and destroying our marriage in Michigan?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If my spouse had an affair with her boss and the relationship was known to top managment but not handled per their employment policies, can I sue the employer for allowing it and destroying our marriage in Michigan?
No. You cannot sue anyone but your wife for destroying the marriage. And when you sue her it would be for divorce.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The employer did not destroy your marriage, whether or not they handled it through their employment policies. The only one who did that was your spouse. Or are you suggesting that all would have been rosy and light as long as she was punished by the employer? :rolleyes:

If she was having an affair with anyone, the marriage was in deep trouble regardless of what the employer did.

No, you have no cause to sue. Not unless you like being laughed out of court. And possibly fined for filing a frivilous suit.

Last edited:

Golfball

If you were in a state that permitted alienation of affection tort lawsuits, you might have a course of action against the boss themselves, not the employer.

However, MI is not one of the (few) states that permits alienation of affection torts these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">