• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorced in teaxs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

househoney65

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I was just divorced in Texas. I could'nt afford an attorney but the judge ordered me to pay HIS (my ex-husbands) attorney fee's. Is it legal to include the attorney's fee's with a date to be paid by and interest amount if not paid by that date, in the divorce decree? I don't care about the rest but this doesn't seem right.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I was just divorced in Texas. I could'nt afford an attorney but the judge ordered me to pay HIS (my ex-husbands) attorney fee's. Is it legal to include the attorney's fee's with a date to be paid by and interest amount if not paid by that date, in the divorce decree? I don't care about the rest but this doesn't seem right.
Yes it is legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">