• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deductible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maplegirl5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts-Every insurance carrier I have had-if I am not at fault in accident, I do not have to pay deductible. I now have Progressive and they tell me even thought it's not my fault, I have to pay deductible. I did not know it was an extra that I could purchase????? It does not seem fair that if it's not my fault, I should have to pay deductible or legal for that matter, since that is how I've always known it to be!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

You always have to pay the deductible when using your own insurance. If it is someone else's fault, they should pay the deductible FOR you. Whether this happens up front or reimbursement after you pay it depends on the circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">